Business incubators are prodigious sources of help for start-ups because they not only offer funding, but are frequently sources of business guidance and technical knowledge. Some even offer admittance to accounting or legal services and open doors to wide business connections.
Incubators work in inimitable hybrid models of funding, endowments and equity. Depending on the scheme, incubators can match funds raised up by the entrepreneur or give out cash grants. They can also take an equity stake in the start-up for the funds they have provided.
Let us take a quick look at five different options offered by incubators.
The Incubator Development Program
The Incubator Development Program offers up to seventy percent grant support to incubators and venture accelerators which have programs to help develop start-ups.
The grant covers the cost of hiring guides, as well as expenses sustained from market services and events. Grant also covers the cost of hiring incubator managers and offers funds for training and shared services plus equipments for start-ups.
Incubator for Disruptive Enterprises and Start-ups (IDEAS) Fund
The IDEAS Fund is an incubator fund for early startups and emphases on identifying and guiding startups with disruptive revolutionlatent. It places about $500,000 to $600,000 on a single investment. It is appropriate for companies in all sectors.
It is coped by Innosight Ventures, a Singapore-based venture capital firm, and financially reinforced by the National Research Foundation.
Jam Micro Funding Scheme
The i.Jam Micro Funding Scheme offers up to $250,000 in seed funding, with two tiers of funding. Tier 1 – Funding comprises of grants of up to $50,000 for selected startups through selected incubators. The grants will be used to offset up to 100% of start-up costs (subject to a cap of $50,000 for each start-up) over a determined period of two years.
Tier 2 – funding is for startups which have positively met and surpassed performance indicators for their projects under the i.JAM Reload Tier 1 Funding, or i.JAM phase 1.
They will then be suitable to apply for funding of up to S$100,000, if they are eligible. This is managed by the Collaborating Digital Media Programme Office.
NRF Technology Incubation Scheme (TIS)
Under the TIS scheme, the National Research Foundation (NRF) Singapore can co-invest up to 85% of investment, covered at S$500,000 per company, into a Singapore-based start-up that is suggested by a Technology Incubator (TI).
The TI will then co-invest the remaining 15% of investment into the start-up. The TI will also offer active mentorship and guidance to the start-up. As an incentive, the TI can buy over NRF’s stake in the start-up within three years by refunding the capital plus interest.
Fast-Track Environmental and Water Technologies Incubator Scheme (Fast-Tech)
Singapore-based companies which are less than Three years old can apply for this scheme, which offershelp through a repayable grant which will be up to S$500,000 per company or up to 85%, either is lower, over two years
If the company accepts the grant, 1/3 of the permitted grant quantum will be advanced to the company. The remaining grant is paid to the company on a compensation basis. This funding is managed by the Environment and Water Industry Program Office.
I’m sure you must have been pestered by the extremely slow and in-efficient servers of IRCTC website. In fact, you can find a myriad of references to it’s poor performance in many Bollywood movies and jokes. However, in a constant effort to improve it’s usability, Indian Railways have recently introduced a new version of the site called IRCTC lite. Read more
Android 5.0 is the most awaited version of Android. It is code named ‘Key Lime Pie’, name of a dessert food item, like the earlier Android version names. Apple has recently made it’s movie, by releasing it’s latest establishment of iOS, the iOS 7.
The iOS 7 didn’t manage to strike well with users’ response, It disappointed some with latest addons such as Flat UI, and was unable to update any core functionality. This time, it’s the Mountain view giant’s turn. There aren’t any official announcements or updates regarding the feature list of 5.0, however, i’ve compiled a list of expected features according to some rumors.
Android 5.0 Features
- There are rumors circulating, regarding the update it’s core Kernel. Android 5.0 is rumored to be platformed on Linux 3.8 kernel, which would bring in several performance enhancements, increased battery life, e.t.c.
- The major drawback of Android being low battery life, Google is striving to decrease power consumption as much as possible.
- Android is going to be equipped with a unified, cross platform chat service. It will be integrated with Google+ as well. A lot of emoticons will be implement, you can directly send emoticons.
- Coming to the interface, there hasn’t been a word, but it is most likely to sport a brighter interface, leaning away from the dark interface in it’s previous version.
- Voice recognition will be improved, to detect all accents, words and multi-lingual support accurately.
I guess you are a die-hard fan of Android, Let us know, what feature you would love to see in the new version of Android, through comments.
Powerpoint now enables you to work on and edit your presentations online. It is useful to edit your presentation directly in a website or blog in which you have already uploaded your presentation. Office Web Apps open all Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote) on your browser.
The PowerPoint Web App enables you to work together with your colleagues on the same presentation simultaneously, You can work a single PowerPoint theme simultaneously.
Sharing your presentation
You can share a presentation saved in a SharePoint document library, by sharing a link with custom access instead of an email attachment.
Broadcasting a Presentation
A presentation can be broadcast from PowerPoint 2010 desktop application by sharing a URL with the viewer, that connects to the slide show through the PowerPoint Web App. The presentation can be viewed on the browser synchronized in real-time with the presenter.
Switching between Web App and desktop App
Clicking the Open in PowerPoint on the PowerPoint Web App toolbar opens your presentation in the PowerPoint desktop app, if it is already installed.
View mode and Edit mode
In the view mode, you can view the slide show,notes,or browse through the slides of your presentation.
Clicking the Edit in Browser on the PowerPoint Web App toolbar in View mode opens your presentation in Edit mode.
In the edit mode, you can edit your presentation like
- Adding SmartArt, clip art from Office.com, insert photos, etc.,
- Apply bullets or numbering.
- Change paragraph alignment.
- Choose from a gallery of animation and transition effects.
- Choose from a gallery of built-in themes and variants.
- Organize objects (Move, resize, rotate, Change from back-to-front or front-to-back).
- Broadcast a slide show to a remote audience.
- Embed presentations on websites or blogs.
- Spell-check using the built-in dictionary.
Features not available in PowerPoint Web App:
- Inserting audio and video files.
- Presenter view.
- Custom animations.
- Full selection of animations and transitions.
- Offline viewing and editing.
- Inserting and editing tables.
- Advanced design and reviewer tools.
- Rich formatting of text,shapes,etc.,
- Full ink support
- Integration with Excel
Author Bio: Shalin Sharma is a institutional presentation designer, who works at designing PowerPoint Plantillas.
Huawei has recently announced a new smartphone, Huawei Ascend P6 , which brings in an interesting feature. Perhaps we are witnessing the world’s slimmest Smartphone, and claims to have dimesions of 132.6 x 65.5 x 6.18mm, and is only going to weigh 120 grams.
The thickness is the only specification, the Chinese Smartphone company boasts of. This time we talk about just 6.2 mm, which is an impressive figure.
Huawei P6 will sport 3 attractive Color versions, which are pink, black and white . It is going to be equipped with 4.7 inch wide screen, with 1280 x 720p resolution display.
As i’ve already mentioned, in my earlier posts that PowerPoint Templates, play an important role in generating good audience response and catch attention of your boss and clients with neat and simple design.
However, it is not always easy to design your own template for the presentation, it requires a lot of expertise and time as well. To save you from the trouble, there are several hundred sites which offer free Templates for you’re presentation. Also read how to check IRCTC PNR Status.
Benefits of using Templates
- Save hours of time, used up to design the layout for your presentation.
- Why pay while you can play around with thousands of Free templates, which are specifically designed and professional crafted for specific presentations.
- Impress your co-workers by implementing a good templates.
- There are also interactive and 3D templates available which makes the experience more intuitive.
Choosing PowerPoint Templates
Here comes the most tricky part, since there is a flood of templates in the internet, it is not possible to choose only one. So here’s an intuitive guide to help you choose.
- First research the category of your presentation.
- Choose a templates from the similar category.
- Choose templates with subtle and bright colors, dim colors wouldn’t perform well on projectors.
View PowerPoint Plantillas for more tips.
The upgraded version of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie is looking to launch at the Google’s I/O event which will held in May. The first phone which is looking to get the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie is the mysterious Motorola X. Another possibility is the manufactured smartphone of LG electronics, the Nexus 5.
Although, no official words are yet said by Google on the release date and the features, everything is yet said on rumors only. Enhanced social networking support, improved performance, support to multiple devices, and multiple selection in contacts, better video chat options, performance profile, and Google Babble can be some of the basic features of the update.
With each new release of any Smartphone, tablet, update or any other gadget, technology is growing up very fast. These gadgets are most welcomed in our life and eagerly accepted as a part of life but, we always forgot the Operating System while we accept the gadgets. Let me remind you that in 2011, the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich was launched by Google which was seen in the Nexus, and in 2012 the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean version that arrived powering the super Nexus 7.
This year too, a new Android version is going to launch by Google and it is going to release soon. Currently, all the Smartphone users’ uses social networking sites to keep their interest in mind, Sony integrated Facebook and LG incorporates Facebook and Twitter by default in their flagship smartphones. A list of services are provided by the Google like the Gtalk, Google+, Google voice etc.
The Google Babble is latest project of the company which will centralize all the news feeds and notification at one single place. It is looking that the Google Babble will be installed in the update.
These are some of the features that may be available on new version. We all are waiting eagerly for this new update from Google. Samsung has already announced that Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 2, and Galaxy S3 would be eligible for receiving the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update.
This post is written by Divyansh Peswani. He is currently blogging at Top Mobile Info
Templates play a vital role in organizing and beautifying your PowerPoint Presentations. Believe it or not, 90% of your audience are much appealed by the design rather than the conduct according to a psychological survey conducted on a group of people.
So it’s always better to appeal the eyeballs in order to appeal your sales and conversions. However you may not have time for designing or the budget to get it designed. Here, Powerpoint Templates Free download come into play.
Tips for Choosing a Template
There are thousands of templates floating around the interwebs. It could be overhwhelming to choose just one out of the innumerable template. So follow these tips and shortlist a theme.
- Choose a subtle theme having standard color scheme.
- Choose a design best suitable for your needs. For example if you are presenting on health and awareness, you could you a template with pulse animation for example or a subtle heart vector as background illustration.
- Never choose dark colors, because it could fail to render on projectors in bright rooms.
- Do not use transitions sounds as it may sound unprofessional.
- Maintain a uniform theme and color throughout the presentation.
Also check out our range of 3D PowerPoint Templates for more spectacular themes.
Gantt Charts are an illustrative medium or basically a chart to represent a schedule, or a timeline of a project or an organization. It follows a revolutionary Work Breakdown structure, which makes it easier for the audience to understand the illustrated data.
Gantt Charts in PowerPoint
However, Designing Gantt Charts is basically very complex using native techniques of powerpoint.
A lot of tools and applications provide Gantt Chart generation capability, but it is never easier to import these charts into your PowerPoint Presentation. The only way i found working, is to convert it into a image. However, all the data will be lost and the chart can’t be edited later.
However, you can create Gantt Charts manually in PowerPoint itself using native basic functions. You need to insert numerous shapes and placeholders to design a timeline or a chart. However, it would take literally hours to design manually.
So instead of spending hours and investing thousands, you can leverage OfficeTimeline, a free plugin extension for PowerPoint. It offers a wide range of pre-made Gantt Chart/Timeline templates. All you need to do is, configure the numbers and the desired text. It is integrates and saves you trouble importing charts.
No matter, You are a professional or an amateur in PowerPoint, Creating Timelines is never a child’s play, I personally spend hours trying to design the proper template and layout for my timeline
What are Timelines
Timelines are simply visually attractive illustrations of the timeline of various events, milestones or memorable happenings pertaining to your company or personal life.
I’m going to show you, how you can leverage Office Timeline, an intuitive Timeline Maker to design Timeline and templates in few minutes.
How to Use Office Timeline
- First Download Office Timeline application from the link mentioned above. The basic version is free, Download it and install the add-in.
- Run PowerPoint, you should be able to see a new tab on your ribbon titled ‘Office Timeline’. Click on it to start the wizard.
- There are several patterns to choose from like Gantt, Intervals e.t.c.
- Once you choose your desired pattern type, proceed to add milestones (intervals), you can customize the shape or the specific milestone.
- Click Finish, to finalize the timeline and insert it into the current slide.
- Once published, you can also tweak the timeline using the settings tab. You can modify the milestone data, the shapes and the intervals without any hassle.
- For detailed tutorials of this simple app, Check out the range of video tutorials in the ‘About’ tab.